“So I have just landed on the Delhi Airport.The pilot is announcing that our parking space has been occupied so we‘ll take 5-10 minutes and I want to write every emotion I am feeling at this moment.Gawwwwwd!!!I have missed Delhi!!Sooooooo much!!I cant wait to get down!!When I saw Delhi from the up in the plane minutes before we landed there was this huge smile on my face ,its true you don’t realize what you have been missing till you get it.I was trying to guess which one was the ring road from above..the road I used to take to travel everyday to coll..Wow..its been 3 months..feels like ages..An Australian girl is sitting right beside me(I was hoping for some hunk!) she def likes what she sees from above...I don’t know what her views will be when she enters the airport..the dust ..the smoke.
But me..I am just dyyyyyyyyying to meet mom n dad right now..its like ever since I sat on the flight I have been counting hours and now minutes ..oh btw flight was awesome..personal TV!!Saw What happens is Vegas..nice feel good movie.I also got a sexy haircut from Singapore on my way to the airport there!! Its quite chic.
What else ..I hope it doesn’t take much time at the airport..oh yes!!!I feel extremely guilty!!spent all the money dad gave me on shopping!!That when I am not even earning and I am definitely not Miss Richie Rich!But when would I have ever gotten this chance again??So I think I should stop feeling guilty about all my shopping..I guess its ok hopefully I shall be earning soon.
The planes parked now..Ill upload this when I have the net..for now that’s it!..Capturing my thoughts at the moment..”
Thats what I rote in a diary while waiting to get off the plane as it landed on the Delhi airport..so here I am back in saddi dilli and there truly is no place like home..the first few days seemed weird..suddenly being surrounded by Indians when all I was used to seeing were squinted eyes of chinkees!But now I am obviously tuned again to the true dilli di kudi da mode...and thats exactly what I want to right bout today..I cant imagine being so happy anywhere else as I am in Delhi..I have lived here for as long as I can remember and on that note I’ll list
Things I love about Saddi Dilli!!!!-
1.Ring Road!!-I have driven on that road for 2 yrs while going from one end of the city to the other end for college...n theres nothing better on this earth then driving on Delhi ring road..averaging 100km hr!!The stretch that I love the most is -Brar Squir (hehe my friend always used to find the name so cheaply funny!)
2.The shor sharaba-compared to the peace n qualm of spore,I prefer saddi dilli shor sharaba..honking on the roads unnecessarily,fat punjaabi aunties chit chattering away,the morning ladais in the mohalla,the subjiwaala shouting subji lelo,cars blasting music at full volume..yes I luv the shor sharaba that dilli has to offer.
3.Hot punjaabi mundaas-sometimes a lil low on brains nevertheless great to look at! And who says gurls don’t check out guys! Ask me!;-)
4. India Habitat Centre-the place gives you positive vibes the moment you enter…in the most tumultuous time of my life..This place kept me going..I used to feel so good the moment I entered it..the bells jingling..the architecture..trying out different pastries at Eatopia..coffee at the Diner or just merely sitting outside by the fountains talking bout life.
5.Qutub Minar-Been there and done that.By that I mean been to Qutub Minar ,put on some mobile music and danced..danced like no ones watching…I mean people dance at discs,people dance at clubs,people dance at parties but who the hell would go n dance at Qutub Minar???hehehe my crazy group did it! Its moments like these that you cherish forever!
6.Chache de chole bathure- apne Kamla Nagar waale!!I swear I can have them morning, noon and night!
7.Delhi University-oooooooh having spent 3 yrs there I crave for that Uncle Tom ki magi,Hindu ki bhelpoori,Ramjas ka pizza,Hansraj ke spring rolls,Stephens ke ladke!!!The hippest people on the bestest road –saddi Bunglaw road ji!
8.Delhi Metro-As much as I love driving on Delhi roads,I equally love the metro.It gave us girls the freedom from being eve teased in the DTC buses,the air con and most of all the ease to commute anywhere!Delhi Metro Zindaabad!!
9.C.P- I would be foolish to not mention it in this list!North meets South and East meets West!The central point of Delhi which I adore for its timeless feel,the amazing shops,janpath and the beautiful way its built.
10.India Gate-on one end its India gate on the other Rashtrapati Bhavan..one of the most beatuiful roads in Delhi.Of the very many visits to this place ,the one that I remember the most is going their with a sounth indian pal who had just got a new stereo in his car the result obviously was blasting south indian music of the likes of "urvashi uravashi...take it easy urvashi!!!!"hehehehe
Thats all I can think of right now..I would love to have your additions to the list!!I guess my love for Delhi is amply reflected in this post and I truly can love no city in the world like I love this one!
A new beginning
8 years ago
18 comments:
saadi dilli definitely rocks! nothin like it!
babes sachi bata, tu kisi mele mein bichdi thi kya mujhse?? do we knw each other?? or is it dat all delhi-ites are equally crazy bou all those places n things!!
damn it felt like u were reading my mind wen u wrote dat!!
i love delhi n i love u fo writing dat down!
im gonna b leaving delhi soon n u hav no idea how difficult is it gonna be! :(
i keep saying all d time, family shamily to thik hai yaar par saddi dilli k bina kaise rahungi main :(
kahan milegi wo ringroad, wo chole bhathure wo cp wo sexy munde wo paranthe wo bigchill wo kventers....i can go on n on n on :(
:(( :(( rula dia :((
hey.....
wel i do agree wid gunjans coment....u guys r actualy sum mela bichde sistrs...hv sum of gunjans previous posts bout delhi...!
u knw wt i ws doing my engginerng frm dehradun and wen i was away frm delhi then i realisde the imprtnce of delhi...
no place is beter than this...! heaven fr me..!!
and if its rating them...then...
1.CP cos its the heart..!!
2.ring road...only at night..!!
3.india gate...cos i love havng ice cream n famous "chuski" there...!! :)
@ash89
yes babe it rockin city..full of rockin pppl like us!hehehe..n thanks for blogrolling me!!i blogrolled ya too!
cheers!
@gunj!
yaaaaaaaaaaar u noe wat..ab toh mujhe bhi lagne laga hai ki we r sum bichdi hui sisters!
coz only today i was readin ur comment bout u having to leave hamari pyaari dilli..n i was like oh thts sad..n sometime later only i get the news that ill hav to leave soon too!!!n man!!i completely agree wid u!family shamily toh theek hai but saddi dilli!!!i was like dilli meri jaan!!how will i live without u!
chal sath main beth ke rote hain!!
@vaibhav
oye dost ab toh tune bhi testimony de di ki me n gunj r some bichdi wi sisters!
yes no place better than dis..n i cant imagine how will i ever live somewhere else!
n tho my places werent ranked acc to rating but i completely agree wid urs!n india gate ki chuski ka toh jawab hi nahi hai!!!
bbye!!n take care dost!
welcome back....:)
thats all I would say...
Scribblers Inc.
Yaaaaay you're here with a sexy haircut:-) Short? Long??
"What Happens in Vegas" is alright..Kutcher is so gay:P
And ah Delhi..man what do I say..it's been over a year since I saw saddi Dilli, I love it so so so very much..your list pretty much sums it all up..the guys the chole bature the tikki (there's one Bittoo tikki waala in Rani Bagh I think..fuckingly awesome!!!)..it's so perfect..wish it had a beach too:D
I wanna go Dilli now:-(
There's not one Delhiite who says he/he doesn't like the place..Muah to Delhi and to you:-)
there is so much to love in ur hometown ..or home metro for u :)
blogrolling you
just heard of d blasts..i hope everythins ok
haha..good post and yeah will make it a point ot visit those places next time i am in delhi :)
@scribblers inc
thankx dost..
@crasiezt,
i m plain curious y do u spell"crasiezt" tht way??
coming to the comment,yes!i m here!yippee!hair cut is somewhere b/w long n short..
n gurl kutcher is so not gay!!i find him so cute!
n coming to dilli meri jaan..m sure i m gonna miss it like hell too when i leave and yes bitto tikki waala is no longer called dat!its got its own brand name ji!BTW!(wid d guys in red n yellow uniforms!!!hehehe)n yeah i totally agree wid u!d only thing delhi lacks is a sexy beach!
yes babe we all r gonna miss saddi dilli so much!i hope when i leave u can give me some lessons on how to survive in a completely ajnabi shaher!
lotsa luv!
tc!n muah to u too!
@think tank,
welcome to my blog !i guess there is sthing bout delhi tht makes everyone who lives here fall in luv wid it!
yes things r ok after the blasts..lots of security checking n all..n yes i blogrolled u too!
@nefarious outlook,
welcome to my space dude..yeah do visit those places..n dun forget to have the famous dilli ki chaat!
absolutely adorable post ...
now that uve mentioned hot punjabi munde i wish i didnt suck at crow watching so much :P
but yup dilli mast hai :)
Well as a teenager *sigh!those were the days* I was opening my first email account..it was on yahoo, and I wanted to call it "craziest". But that was already taken:-( A crestfallen me was stuck..then on an impulse I interchanged the positions of s and z..and voila! crasiezt was born:D
BTW eh? LOL!!
Haanji lessons ke liye any time:D
@vandita,
thnkx sweetie..n frm all tht i can make out bout u frm ur posts i knew u cudnt be into such abosolutely vella stuff like crow watching!
@crasiezt,
now thts wat i call out of the box thinking!
Post a Comment