This post is entirely dedicated to my berozgaari days. Days that made me doubt my abilities. Days which taught me the importance of a job. Days that tested my patience and faith. Days that could have broken me down completely but instead made me into a much stronger person.
A few days back I was cleaning my shelves and there I saw my college books..notes...registers...assigments...I sat down and had a careful look at them..All I could see was my hard work..days I had burnt the midnight oil..Slogging away with my college books..Making notes..Going through ten years..And what not.I wont say I am a nerd but I have always worked hard to get great marks. All that for just one aim...to start a brilliant career...to get a well paying job..I was very clear I dint want my first job to pay me mediocre salary..I wanted it to be excellent..So when I got an amazing offer on my campus I saw all my dreams getting fulfilled..I saw all my toiling years pay off..I packed my bags and went to Singapore when my college got over..I knew that awesome job awaited me back in India...after everything I went through i was sure this job was going to make me so busy that I dint have the time to think of anything else...I was so looking for wad to buying corporate clothes..Start earning..Starting a new life..And then it happened..As has often happened..N as I say.. zindagi ne tamacha maara! US recession came and took my job away.A job I was relying on completely.A job that paid me brilliantly.A job that was supposed to take me further in life.
I came back..Started applying in firms..I dint have the experience everyone was looking for. Every single person from my batch was working and me who got the second best offer wasn’t.
I waited my cellphone to ring. It did.I went for an interview.I was sitting with 10 other people.Most of them were not even my qualification. Obviously I was selected. They gave me a shitty offer. The work profile sucked.I chucked the job away. people said i shudnt hav chucked this job away when i dint have anything else in hand.but i stood by my belief in me.i said no way am i going to do a job that i see my juniors doing.
but that experience of sitting in a room with ten other people waiting to be interviewd sucks.its like those typical hindi scene movies.i was asking myself again and again why the hell am i sitting here??with people who are just half my qualifications??i came back extremely depressed.
All i could think of was why me?i complained to god as to all my hard work going to a waste..all my dreams of starting a great career crashed.it was my mom that was my source of strength.she told me to never ask why me again.we don’t ever say that when we are happy so why say it when we are sad.
I knew i had to channelize my energy in a different direction hence forgetting how this firm spoiled my career entirely i gathered all my strength.i decided i was not going to look at the problem but the solution.
So finally after four months of berozgaari (which turned out to be the most amazing time of my life..considering i did not let down on life..and had all the fun i could have possibly had!)
I got a job..a better one than my campus..i am going to join a multinational bank!with a great offer.
All i wanna say is if i could go through the entire experience with so much patience,so much faith in myself ,so much happiness (i remember being with friends ,raising a toast and sayin “heres to my berozgaari!” and cracking up with laughter the next moment) then it was all because of my faith in god.i knew god had plans for me.
If i have to thank someone for giving me the best time of my life in Singapore and Thailand,and a great career it has to be the firm that took away my first job. For had it not happened i wouldn’t have had those amazing three months in Singapore.i would have never walked along the beaches in Phuket.I wud have never done parasailing. And i would have never gotten my current job.you must have heard this a million times whatever happens ,happens for the best.All i wanna add is that its when the best happens we realize the truth of the previous statement.and hence we shudnt wait to be happy once the best has happend..we should go through any sorta experience that breaks us down with happiness and courage knowing that we will come out as a stronger person and its going to teach us about life what we would never really learn otherwise.
Ps- i am too sleepy to edit it now..pls bear with the length and the mistakes.
A new beginning
8 years ago
14 comments:
hahaha Berozgaari days nice topic..
some days back i was goin through my college stuff and just reminded me of all the fun i had in my BMS times..
Ne ways even i was very much excited of joining a corporate world and havin a feel of it...
Thanks god he approved my wish :-)
i knew god had plans for me.
wen u knw dat, there isnt anything else one needs to know!!
n babes i absolutely loved ur last para there! each word of it!!
u totally rock, n i love ya fo injecting positive energy in me everytime u update this blog ;)
muah
hugs>:D<
Echo
Much like unemployment, underemployment too is a plaguing problem! Besides, the quality of the workplace has steadily deteriorated over the years and expectations are higher than ever!
I sometimes wonder, why is it that we lack professionalism as an employer and an employee!
I cant help but quote the Gita here that says "Human beings are to occupy themselves to avoid the constant thought of the inevitable - mrityu (death)"
How true!
Cheers!!!!
that was such a beautiful post. Gotta be positive no matter what happens! The rewards definitely follow!
@rakesh
yes college days r indeed d best days of r lives..full of fun n freedom n void of nay responsibilities..
great to hear that ur wish got approved!best of luck dude..
@gunj,
exactly..i truly believe unshaken belief in god can easily sail thru the worst things in life..
thnkx babe!me luves u too!
muaah!
@rakesh,
thanks for blogrolling me dude..ill do the same!
hmmmm..underemployment..well i never really gave it a thot..and tho i havent still entred the corporate world but i wud say professionalism is of utmost importance.
nice thot frm geeta..thanks for sharing it wid me..
cheers!
@ash89,
thanks swthrt..yes thats d point gotta be postive no matter what..infact i try n stay away frm ppl who infuse negativity as much as i can!
congratulations dearie...
im just really happy all the hard work and patience paid off...
hugs!
@vandita,
thanks a ton swthrt!!!all i can say frm this is hard work never goes waste!
From ML/Lehman ==> Barclay's ?
hey....
well i knw berozgaari days suck...even i am aointed fr a job in banglore bt due to IT recesion i gota sit home these days..it sucks big time and m nt able to find ne interviews or sumthin newhere in delhi...!!!
great u found a job...!!
all the best budy...!!!
hope even i get my joinig date soon or sum odr technical job..!!!!
take care....have fun!!!
@ashish surana
naah not a lehman case..anyway welcome to my space..
@vaibhav lall,
hey..so u kinda r sailing thru d same boat haan??well i really hope things work out for you yaar..i noe berozgaari days suck..but u noe wat try to enjoy the most of these days keeping in ur faith in him intact!n jus rem dat god has plans for u as well!
all the best dost!!take lotsa care!
Post a Comment