Monday, September 15, 2008

...

2 bomb blasts in CP.This is the CP I mentioned in my last post.The central point.The timeless feel.The cheerful crowd.I feel jittery going there now.
My last post amply reflected my love for Delhi.And just yesterday Delhi was rocked with serial blasts.First,all my blogger friends from Delhi...are you guys ok??Second, it stirred up memories. Memories of the last time Delhi was rocked with bomb blasts during diwali time.I still remember being in Sarojini Nagar .I remember being in a shop with my parents .There was this sound of explosion and the ground beneath me shook.Yes.for a second the earth really really shook and I can never forget that sound. Nobody at that moment could figure out what it could have been. When I went outside the shop, there just a few metres away there was this huge ball of fire in the air,black smoke coming out of everywhere.Yes,it was at the tikki waala stand where I was going to go after I was done with my shopping.I remember having eaten tikki and chat there every time I visited Sarojni Nagar.People were running everywhere and I could hear police sirens and see ambulance vans everywhere .I saw burnt people alive.I saw people bleeding,small children crying. And at that moment I realized how uncertain life was in this world of terrorism ,people fighting over nations and the common man bearing the brunt of it all..
Gk -1 M block market was rocked by two blasts .All I could think was all the times I had frequented this market and how I always used to rave bout the hippest crowd being in the GK market. And the same crowd ,full of young people would have been there shopping,bargaining with the thele waalas ,chatting at CCD unaware of the fate that was awaiting them.
Dilli is my jaan.And yet I could do nothing bout it. All I could do was sit at home and watch the news. Is there anything we the junta can do about it??I really don’t know. But don’t we need to find a way out??Its ironical how just one day prior to the blasts I was sitting in CCD at CP.And there were two cool dudes sitting beside us.When they left my friend noticed they had left a big sports bag beneath their seats. We all were laughing and joking bout how it possible contained a bomb and we all would be blown up. We told the CCD guy to take it away and he also laughed along with us thinking it was a bomb inside.Ofcousre it wasn’t but now a day later when I look back it I realise how what we were joking about could actually have been true .

Yes to most of us whos families weren’t hurt in the blasts it was a piece of breaking news. But what about people who lost their loved ones??their lives will probably never be the same again.I couldn’t bear to whatch the news yesterday.All I could think was WHY DOES THE COMMON MAN HAVE TO BE SO GRUESOMELY PUNISHED FOR A CRIME HE HASNT COMITTED?AND WHY CANT THE COMMON MAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT??SINCE WHEN DID LIFE BECOME SO UNCERTAIN??

14 comments:

IncorrigibleV said...

actually u know after watching 'a wednesday' (u shd watch if u havent seen it) im all the more convinced that it is only the anonymous common man who can do something, all identifiable names and big wigs always have some vested fear or the other...
PS: i was in CP yday just 2 hours before the whole thing happened, really relieved to have gotten home early...

Nefariousoutlook said...

thanks for dropping by..and yeah i understand the feeling, it is like we can joke about it but with incidents like these , you feel what if it was true...a common man has to suffer for something that he/she is not at all responsible for :(

Scribblers Inc said...

I was in Karol Bagh, though not anywhere near where it happened but pretty close...
this world is not goin anywhere...

Scribblers Inc.

crasiezt said...

I'm still getting goose bumps thinking about it..I have loads of relatives and friends staying in South Delhi..some of them actually had close shaves this time..

Am so sorry for you babe..you probably saw one of the most ghastly sights ever..a friend of mine is a correspondent for NDTV..I can't even imagine how she does her job in the face of crisis like these..

I saw "A Wednesday" recently..hope that comes true soon!

I can't even say don't worry, everything will be fine..coz I really don't have much hope left..*hugs*

ash89 said...

its just sad... I dont know if we can do anything about it. But I just wish there was something we could do!

Akshaya Kamalnath said...

I know it was terrible. I'm not from Delhi but its so tramatising to hear about such terror attacks every other day and a group calmly claiming responsibility as if it was a game. Worse, its all politics for the government. I really hope we can do something about this soon or the whole country will be in a state of - you never know whether you'll get back home tonight - situation.

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

it definitely was aterrible thing to hav happened to our dear city. but what i wish to add is that wen other cities were rocked a few months ago, i wasnt so shaken, its now wen it happened here that i realised dat nobody is safe anymore!!

n wat i absolutely hate is dat life moves on, ppl become immune to such things and do nothing about it.
i really wonder where are we headed!

Echo said...

thnkx guys for ur comments..wish i cud say sthing more..but i dun have much to add to the post..right,this worlds not going anywhere.

Rakesh said...

SOul carry...hehe nice name:reminded me of the goan dish..
ne ways these blast and all are really getting on to my nerve..
it has become one hell of a experience for people...stepping outta house is like goin on the battlefront..not sure if you will return

Rakesh said...

ne ways have blog rolled you

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Its sad that our country is repeatedly being subject to terrorist attacks. Delhi being the capital city has been facing the brunt for a long time.

I was fortunate to have gotten away alive in 2005 at Sarojini Nagar when the place was rocked!

Do visit my blog sometime

Echo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Echo said...

@rakesh,
thnkx for visitin dost,i blogrolled u too

Echo said...

@rakesh vanamali,
i guess v hav both shared the same horrible experience of the sarojni nagar bomb blasts in 2005..
glad to have u here!do visit again!