Thursday, July 3, 2008

Random Musings

"I know I am living on the edge,but I choose to look at life through rose tinted glasses"

I read this line in a truly insightful story in a paper and it struck a chord with me.I am doing pretty much the same.
I dont have the certainity of job and I am not doing much about it either.I absolutely hate filling those stupid application forms that most of these international banks have.These people seem to look for people who have excellent GPA's, outstanding extra curriculars and are born leaders.I dont have any of that.And guess what??I dont feel sorry either.yeah I am what I am, and I am perfectly fine with it.
Just when I was thinkin all this I saw a girl wearing a Tshirt that said "Life is not a job"
Wow!What a brilliant thought.Life is so much more than a stupid dumb job!And so here I am in Singapore,living life in a way I have never lived before and propbaly will never get a chance to live again.Poori zindagi kaam hi karna hai yaar...toh abhi aish kar lo jab tak kar sakte ho.I' ll never get these carefree days again...so I choose to make the most of it,rather than sit and worry about a dumb job!
I am pampering myself with the most stylish clothes ever,Oh Singapore is a heaven for shopping freaks like me!Since I have all the time in the world I check out each and every single shop in the biggest malls ever.
I am learning lawn tennis,a game I know would continue for life.I am in love with the game and my coach!hahahaha...but seriously,I loooooooooooooove playing lawn tennis,and I am good at it.I was actually thinkin why dont I take this as a career!!Ofcourse it doesnt help that I am just a beginner !
I am playin Sims!!!!For all those who havent heard of this game good for you coz its the most addictive computer game ever!!if I had to describe it in one line-you are the God.Period.
You got a family(mine has Bob,Savina and their daughter Jane)you gotta control their lives careers, love lives,aspirations.Its so similar to real life,you actually have dream dates,parties,making out aspirations(damn jane wants to actually make out with 3 different sims!bigad rahi hai meri ladki!)career levels ,school,businesses what not!!!I would suggest this to every person who is totally bored being wella.Trust me you can play this game for hours and hours and never get bored.
Cooking!!!yeah I learnt to bake the most delicious cookies ever!!!yummy!!and pudding...wow I suddenly feel hungry!
And now when it comes to food..my diet these days mostly consists of cookies,brownies,pastries,icecreams,cakes!You have these cute lil shops in malls which have these absolutely amazing displays of pastires and cakes which I can never resist!
Food leads me to the Gym!I had never in my life been to a gym in India.But here when the gym is right in your apartment it would be foolish to not go in and check the gym as well as all the hot guys there!Ofcourse it doesnt help that all of them are chinkies which proove to be no turn on for me!But I am just plain happy to have discovered the tread mill.Its a fun thing !
Library!Going to the library is again an experience here.These are tuly world class libraries with glass buildings and ranging till13 floors.Wow,and the best part is everyone's welcome,tourists too,with a cafe inside the library all I need is a choclate truffle to go along with a great book!
and lastly friends ...I watch friends religiously!and you know whom I resembe the most??Phoebe!There's so much that has happened in her life and she's so ok with it.And her innocence.Many people have said that to me its my innocence which is what really takes their heart.Ok sorry for the digression,but yeah friends is the best sitcom ever.It makes you laugh like hell.An advice -you ever feel sad pls just go and watch and episode of friends.You are bound to feel better!
Okai so this looks like a long post.But this is essentially what my life these days is.Yes,i choose not to worry about a job(or no job!),a career,a tragic past,friends who now are too busy with their own lives and so much more.Yes, I choose to look at life through rose tinted glasses!!

11 comments:

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

whoa!!
jiski life itni sexy ho aur attitude total cool...why shud they ever worry bout a damn job!
jo hona hai wo to hona hi hai...real power n freedom lies in being able to choose to b happy or sad about life n d course it took than b able to choose d course of ur life itself!! inne?

Friendly nextdoor guy said...

musings, confusings

Echo said...

hey gunj!
waah waah waah...wat a line gurl!m so impressed babe...n ofcourse i comepltely agree wid it!
tn hnkx gurl for the motivation..
hugs!

Echo said...

hey Friendly next door guy,
musings confusings?? tujhe confusing lagi kya?
n thts exactly my purpose of writing here..to clear my own highly confused head!

Scribblers Inc said...

you seem to be having quite a life in Singapore!!sahi hai yaar!!
*pouts*

Scribblers Inc.

Echo said...

scribblers Inc
welcome to my blog dude!!yeah lifes damn cool here...so cool tht i actually wud hav to adjust to normalcy back in india!
keep droppin by!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hey babe...yahan pe pic dalna ho to go to profile settings, udhar thrz an option dat u can add a pic to ur profile!!
if u still cant find it lemme knw...i shall write step wise!!

Echo said...

hey gunj!
"ill rite step by step" awww!! ur such a sweethrt!!!thnkx a lot!i m just findin the right image to put in here!!
cheers!

Echo said...

hay lo!! craziest ji!!
ki haal chaal??hope ur better now!! n
thnkx for blogrolling me babes!

IncorrigibleV said...

"wow" is all i was left with ...
and another thing in the line that i found the best is the two operative words there "YOU CHOOSE"

Echo said...

hey vandita..
yeah right "i choose" was written coz i firmly believe that its u n only u who can choose how to deal with any given situation.either u try to change the situation but when tht doesnt work..u shud just deal wid it happily!after all its r thots that shape us..so y not hav positive happy thots all along!