Sunday, July 13, 2008

The week gone by..

Alright, so while I am aware this blog is beginning to look more like a personal web diary,I dont really want to make an effort for it to look something different now.Simply coz when so much is happening in your life , you want to record every bit of it.
So at 11.30 Monday my cellphone rings while I am still in my deep slumber.I dont bother to pick it up.By 2.30 when my day has just started it rings again,same no.And after 5 mins of talkin on the phone I dunno what to feel.Wow!Was that an interview call I just recieved?Woo hoo!!My first interview call in Singapore!!!My emotions are a mix of excitement,anxiety,nervousness and disappointment.Why disspointment you’ll get to know later.The interview is scheduled for Wednesday and the next 2 days go in its preparation. I review all my college presentations and internship experience. Research on the company ,prepare for standard questions like”where do u see yourself in the nest 5 yrs?”I mean why do firms even ask such questions!!Who would say he seems himself in the same position stagnating!
Wednesday comes,I am ready in formals a bit nervous coz this is my first international interview.Being interviewd by chinkees is an experience I am lookin forwad to.On the way I am listening to rock n roll soniye when suddenly my phone rings.A relative has called to wish me best of luck,beside that he has started interviewing me also.
“Do you know where is the g8 summit being held??”
Hello dude I don’t even know what the hell is g8 how would I know where is the summit being held!!
But I take a guess”umm india????”
Arre no!!Its in Japan!!!”
“so what are the oil prices these days??”
Oh this one i noe!”ummm like 145 dollars???”
And what were the prices last yr???
Ohh fuck off!!!You have no right to call me up ten minutes before the interview and shake my confidence like that!!!
Anyway I keep the phone politely telling them i don’t have time,and frantically dial dads no.
Now thats a relief...I am chilled again.
I reach the office,oh my gawddd!!!On the 16th floor with a beautiful view!!I can see the Singapore port..with the ships sailing in the ocean..aaahhh breath taking!
After about 40 mins my interview is over..it has been good I know for sure,with me being supremely confident of myself.But during the interview they want to know why I am interested in joining the power sector when its banking and finance that suits my profile more???
Now that was the reason for my disspointment!its a power sector firm!Finance is what i want to go into!
But anyway sitting right there I cant tell them that.I try to convince them ,jhaadofy about the huge resurgence in the power sector due to the current economic scenario.
Am I able to convince him??I doubt!coz I am not convinced myself!Power is not where i want to start my career from.ad guess how it becomes in the end??Its like me interviewing them!!I go on and on asking them bout the job,the team structure ill get,what a typical day shall be like,whats the hierchy level and what not!I keep askin he keeps answering!!funny man!!!
Anyway so thats about the interview..I know I am not interested in the final outcome since power is not where I want to start my career from.But what an experience!!I’ll never forget this in my entire life.
The next few days I shop!!And I manage to find the prettiest sunglasses ever! Dark purple tint,aviator style.Oooh how diva-ish!!Apart from that I get these really cute earrings shaped in the form of chappals!
Thursday is spent baking cookies,playin tennis(m getting better every day!) oh and yeah I also tried pool.Wow!This game has class!I am sure I want to learn this too.
Friday is my cousins birthday..we go to a this pub hard rock cafe. Its this world famous chain .I try margheritta there, and get a hard rock cafe Singapore t-shirt(supposedly it has brand value!)
Oh and yes margheritta tastes awesome. Just the righ taste. Not to bitter, not to sweet. Now i noe y James bond drinks it!
And how can I forget to mention this- I sat in a Mercedes cab here!!Yup they have cabs/taxis of merc here!I sat in it,put on my purple shades,read a gurly mag on the way n felt like a superstar!!
Saturday and Sunday is spent outing,visting places,songs of the sea a sound,light and fire show here, is what these are picutes of!!
Wow..the week goes aways like whooooooosh!!!Funda works,ill never get these days again,why not make the most of them!!




12 comments:

Cяystal said...

where's the post? :p

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

where is d post bebeh?

Echo said...

hey guys m so sorry for d mess up earlier...anyway d post is out now!hav fun reading!

Scribblers Inc said...

whatfun!!:)

Scribblers Inc.

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

boy!!
u sure are makin me jealous with each and every post thr!!
lage raho bhai!! aish hai :D

Echo said...

hey scribblers!
thankx dost for visitin again!! fun it is!oh btw i blogrolled u!ur posts r def fun!

Echo said...

hey gunj!!
hehehe!!koi jal bhun ke raakh ho raha hai wahan pe!!!haha!
n once again aweeeesome pic!

Cяystal said...

Oh man!
Aish hai yaar teri..enjaay!

Echo said...

aayuuuushi!
dunno y i felt lik riting ur name in tht way!!haan beta aish toh poori hai!u take care sweety!

IncorrigibleV said...

im just jealous now...

Echo said...

vandita,
lolz!!!

Cecilia said...

wow ..loved the pics here!