Memories,good days ,bad days,
They'll be with me always...
As I listen to Abba's album,these lyrics catch my attention.How true,I wonder.Few days left before college gets over,no wait,precious few days left before college gets over.Time flies by,really.Seems like yesterday when I first entered this college,the magnamity of the campus took me by surprise,I couldnt even think of walking from the main gate to my class buiLding.It was impossible !You either had to take a bus ,an auto or a car.yes,so huge was this place.Apart from that I have never seen so much greenry in any other place in Delhi.The bulidings seemed to be hidden by the plush green forests.There were caves and a mini lake too!And peacocks which would come out of those jungles evey monsoon!Yes,this is my campus that I am describing here. It was this beautiful mini city that existed within a city!I fell in love with this place..its hard not to fall in love with such a beautiful place.
But apart from the beauty,I am in love with my college because its made me what I am.2 yrs here have changed me ,changed me for the better.I entered as a confused,unconfident person.Someone who although had faith in her abilities but was too worried of the world around her.Someone who had spent too much of the past years into books.
But today as I am leaving this place I feel supremely confident of myself.My faith in myself is so strong now that it refuses to be shaken.And as for the world,I couldnt care less.Fearlessness is something I learnt here.How to keep holding on to yourself ,to your beliefs when all the worlds against you is another thing I learnt here.Books,hahaha they have got rusted now!Grades ,marks are such small things in life.Its life and the way you live it that matters.
You learn such things when there are people around you who you admire,traits of them you want to inculcate in yourself.I entered with a mind set that at this stage ,you really dont make close friends since its the point in life when you have already graduated,half your coll life is over,all freinds you had to make have already been made.You have become the person you are,and the people you meet now will never be friends ,just aquaintances.The reason I had this mind set was that the people you generally call as your close freinds are people who have been there during the formative years of your life.And those years were pretty much over.But whew! I was in for a surprise!Not only were my formative years just beginning but I was yet to meet some beautfiul people here who would end up being with me for life.
Yes,I can easily say I have met the most wonderful people I have ever known in life in a place where I was least expecting them to be!"Dost"(as we often end up calling each other) the meaning of the word came alive here.They were people who knew what freindship was .We sticked with each other through the most tumultous times of our lives,gave each other the faith ,faith to make it through it all.And we did.Together.Guys I love you! I truly do!I wouldnt have been what I am today had it not been for you.I owe you so so so much.The thought of not meeting you guys everyday in college,not freaking out the way we do,not learning so many new things with you everyday,not giggling uncontrollably on jokes only we could understand freaks me out.But I guess somewhere in life we all have to go our own ways,be on our own.But from all that we learnt from each other and life ,the journey alone shouldnt be so tough!
So as my college days come to an end...I dont feel like leaving at all!I want to just go to the canteen and enjoy those garma garm samosas,I want to sit in those classes and just keep on chit chatting, I want to bask in sunshine on those lovely lawns in those chilly Delhi winters,I want to go to the middle of the jungles once again (shouting jai mata di on top of my lungs!),I want to have one of those innumerable long drives with music blasting on that beautful college road,I want to dance to "billow rani" once again right in the middle of the road(yes ,crazy we were!) ,I want to bitch about those idiotic classmates of ours! ,I want to have those beautiful talks on life in the hostel rooms,I want to eat those yummy pakoras and chai in the college dhaba,I want to eat Bingo in between lectures,I want to....
oh!!!There so many things I want to do again!! I want to freeze time!I want it to stop!coz
I am really gonna miss this place,
I am gonna miss my college days!!
5 comments:
waow!!
first of all...i am so glad u started ur own blog!! i really wanted to knw you! n as soon as i saw ur link, visiting this page was d first thing i did!!
lovely post, quite well timed fo me, coz tommrw is my last official day at college...classes n all..but i cannot go :(
even though i dnt like mine as much as you do urs, but im gonna miss d "good times" i had with friends!! n all those things you did, sure seem crazy enough!! jai mata di n billo rani were so cute :P
btw which college is it?? i dnt knw of any such mega huge thing in delhi!
also bout ur apprehensions bout making new friends, i too had d same doubts but nw dat i hav frenz as dear as family to me, ive realised d frenz u make in school are dear coz all of u have been brought up in almost d same way so u obviously think alike,,,but d ones u meet in colej become frenz coz those are d ones you discover as ppl you can be with! n ofcoz they are a lot more special!!
lovely post!
n i love dat template...hav had a crush on it eva since i joined blogger!!:P
n nice name u hav fo d blog!
keep writing often, dont stop like many otherz coz i really wanna read more from u!
also im happy i was d 1st one to comment here!!
tc
:)
wow!! i m amazed by the length of your comment!n glad tht the first one was urs since u r pretty much d reason for me starting my blog.....
thnkx for appreciating my post!completely agree wid u on wat u hav to say bout scool n collm frenz!i guess each has a different place in our hearts n impact on us coz of the different times a which they entered r lives..
n bout the name well i wudnt want to take credit for it!it comes from my fav column in the TOI Review-Soul Curry.
n i too wish i dont stop writing!!
take care!
do keep dropping by!!
hey u know what...i noticed that u misspell friendship as freindship, something that u might have done just accidentally but the same thing used to be the trademark of one of my closest frnds.
i couldn't stop smiling from that point onwards :)
loved the post...
btw which place are u talkin abt, im housed in delhi and i can't recall anything this big and green :-/
oh and ya i blogrolled you :)
hey vandita!
thnkx for visiting!n yeah friendship was spelled wrongly by mistake!but i m glad u cud find some similarity b/w me n ur close frend!
btw i usually spell friendship as "frandship" a teaser for all those i wanna frandship wid u guys!
wow..nicely written and just reminded of my college days :(
I wanna go backkkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!!
Post a Comment