Sherry-thats the name I gave to the cute lil kitten that came to my balcony one day.Its golden brown skin sparkled under the sun making it look even more heavenly.With its light brown eyes it was the most beautiful kitten I had ever seen in my life.I gave it some milk,and she slurped it up with her tiny tongue.Her tiny whiskers wet from the milk she said "meow" as if thanking me.I fell in love with her at that moment .
And then started my association with Sherry.I used to give it milk,sometimes biscuits,and while calling it Sherry my baby(I always felt it was my baby) I used to talk to her everyday..telling her about my life and asking her how her day had been.Not just me but the whole family got attached to Sherry.She would come up every morning before my mom even woke up and start cooing "meow"meow",The sweetest voice I had ever heard .It seemed like she understood every word of what we said.She responded with so much love to our every action.
I remember asking mum one day "what happened to Sherry's mother??Where is she??"
Mom said"her mother might have died,otherwise Sherry wouldnt stay with us". I remember feeling so sad for Sherry thinking how could this beautiful,tiny,golden brown kitten be left in this world without a mother??and then I knew its us who she treated as her family.We were everything for her,and it was soooooooooooo much for us,it was a part of our family.Sherry was talked about in almost every conversation in our house.She never made my mom feel alone when I left for Singapore.She would come up and see us off every time we left for dinners.She would dance on the stairs to show us her love.She would sleep peacefully in the shade of the potted plants.She would meet our every guest.Sherry was us.
And then one day she left us all.She got killed by a motorist right outside our house.When dad informed us, me and mom couldnt stop crying.Sherry was my baby,how could she have died.She was so young ,so beautiful.She taught us all what love was.Prior to this we had never had a pet before.I could never understand why people cried when their dogs died.Today,for the first time in my life ,I could.The love an animal gives you is selfless,its the purest thing in the world.
Sherry ,my baby,left me today.However hard I tried the tears dint stop.It came into my life when I had wanted to pour my heart out to someone. I would talk to her like she was my best friend ,I luved sherry like hell.and it reciprocated my love back selflessly.And before my eyes become teary again,I shall stop here.
Sherry,my baby,I shall miss u soooooooooooooo much.
May your soul rest in peace.
A new beginning
8 years ago
3 comments:
thanx a ton!
u can join an art course or use the resource available on net...
there is a gr8 community in orkut to start with...
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=30495915
keep blogging!
awwwww
angels come n go only to be replaced by more!
hugs!
exactly how i felt when vincy (my pet dog) died....
hugs to u ...
Post a Comment