I once attended an Art of Living course for a week which had a big influence on me at that time.Btw for all those people who still havent experienced the magic of the Art Of living Foundation ,I would advice please go and experience it.For many, it becomes a life changing experience.So coming to the topic, there on thevery first day we were supposed to go around the room ,introducing ourselves to all the unknown faces .Now thats pretty normal.But wait, it wasnt just supposed to be a simple introduction of who you were ,what you were doing.There was a rule.Every person you introduced yourself to,you had to first say these 3 words "I belong to you." and then go on with the intro.So I said "I belong to you" to bunch of 50-60 people whom I was meeting for the first time in my life.And obviously everyone said that back to me.After the end of the whole exercise ,we were asked how it felt? Saying something like that to complete strangers.There were lots of replies all of which ranged from funny,weird,awkard,freaky!I too pretty much felt the same.Ofcourse saying "I belong to you" to that great looking dude was really cute! But on the whole it felt really really weird! I mean cmmon I didnt know these guys at all! Anyway so the excersice went with a lot of fun and laughter but void of any emotions.
Now shift the focus to a week after the course.The last day.We were all told to get a gift that day which we had made ourselves.I made a beautiful bookmark.I though i'll probably have to just give to one of the freinds I had made there.But there was a twist again! We werent just supposed to exchange the gift once with our new set of friends there.We were supposed to keep exchanging it on and on with different people.So I got a gift from someone ,I exchanged it with another person ,got his gift ,exchanged further and so on!Ultimatley it was hard to find out who's gift went to whom.But the best part was yet to come,each time we exchanged the gift, we were supposed to say "I belong to you!"and now after a spending an entire week with these guys,I realized how beautiful these three words sounded now. "I belong to you", everytime someone said it to me,I felt special.I felt cared for.I felt loved.I felt beautiful!
Yeah,I knew these people now,even though not in the same way I know my childhood friends but I guess thats what made it sound even more special ,that it was coming from people I had just met a week agao,people who had no connections with me whatsoever,who hadnt known me before this and probably still didnt know me too well.Yet they bothered enough to tell me "I belong to you" trust me,it didnt feel funny at that time,it dint feel wierd at all,it felt wonderful,along with it was the emotion attached that though the course is getting over today and we had no clue when we would meet next but there were these three words that had bonded us for life "I belong to you!"
And below is the gift that I got from there,its a poem by Nida Fazli that someone wrote on beautiful handmade paper .It stands posted on a wall of my room ,and everytime I am dejected,depressed with life (which is not too many times,for a person like me),but evreytime I loose myself somewhere,it helps me get back.It gives me the hope.It gives me the faith.To move on ,no matter what all has happend ,no matter how serious it was,just move on,after all "jo hua so hua!!!There's so much I am yet to discover,so much of life I am yet to live !! Life moves on!it really does!
उठके कपड़े बदल ,घर से बाहर निकल ,
जो हुआ सो हुआ !
रात के बाद दिन ,आज के बाद कल ,
जो हुआ सो हुआ !
जब तलक साँस है,भूख है प्यास है ,
यह ही इतिहास है ।
रख के काँधे पे हल,खेत की और चल ,
जो हुआ सो हुआ!
खून से तरबतर करके हर रहगुज़र थक चुके जानवर,
लकडियों की तरह फ़िर से चूल्हे में जल,
जो हुआ सो हुआ!
जो मर क्यों मारा,जो जला क्यों जला,
जो लुटा क्यों लुटा,मुद्दतों से है गुमीन सवालों के हल,
जो हुआ सो हुआ!
A new beginning
8 years ago
5 comments:
honestly saying...this is one of the most meaningful posts ive read of late! with so many ppl writing about just themselves or simply d world at large, we somehow hav forgotten our neighbour n his importance in our life!saying i belong to u to so many strangers n thn listening d same from them must have given you a great sense of belonging to the the society!!inne?
i hav heard a lot about this course, but nw after reading this post, im sure gonna do it soon!
also...a wonderful poem thr!!
hey gunj,
thankx a ton for appreciating my post...n yeah u made a good point..the whole process did give me a sense of belonging to the society which v guys hav almost completely forgotten being so busy wid r own lives n own set of ppl!
i wud suggest u to really go n do the course,it really is awesome! n when u do go in for it dun go for the regular art of living course ,its got another course called "yes + (youth empowerement seminaar) " which is specifically for d youth..so tht just adds to d fun!
also i was just wondering the add of ur blog n my blog pretty much r d same that is "echo" is nothing but "goonj" in hindi! thot i guess in urs it stands for ur name..n this is incidental since i realized tht after already deciding on echo.also could u tell me how to blogroll people?
i did notice d echo thing...but neva got around to mentioning it!!
but i like it this way!!:)
also create an account with blogrolling.com
or simply use d customize option on d top of ur blog wen u sign it to add links here!!
that was just so beautiful and meaningful at the same time...
losing urself by belonging to someone else and then finding urself in the process must truly be an experience... which u wonderfully expressed!
glad i dropped by to read this :)
hey vandita!
i m soooooooo sorry gurl m replyin so damn late!!but i only saw ur comments today!!dint bother checking out comments on previous posts!!n i must say u hav made me so happy!glad to hav u here n appreciate my posts!keep dropping by!
Post a Comment